ITV found itself with a genuine hit on its hands with Unforgotten, the gripping drama where DCI Cassie Stuart (Nicola Walker) and DS Sunil “Sunny” Khan (Sanjeev Bhaskar) unravel murder cases where the trail (and the victims) have long ago gone cold. Now through two series (and renewed for a third, the BAFTA-winning crime program is a full-blown phenomenon.
Join show Creator Chris Lang, star Sanjeev Bhaskar, and Editor Mark Davis as they reveal the secrets of crafting a long-form mystery and give you a peek behind the curtain of one of England’s most popular dramas.
In this exciting session, the team behind UNFORGOTTEN will discuss:
- How to craft a long-form mystery/drama.
- The origins of the show – the journey from creation to production.
- The collaborative dynamic between three pivotal storytellers – Writer/Creator, Actor and Editor.
- The balance between character and plot that brings an audience back for multiple episodes and keeps them on the edge of their seat.
- Hitting the zeitgeist – is there a formula for success in one of the UK’s most prominent (and some might argue, overpopulated) TV genres?
This informative and in-depth session is perfect for the aspiring crime drama writer and Unforgotten fans alike.
Appearing in this session
Credits include: Torn, Amnesia, A Mother's Son
Credits include: Taboo, Unforgotten, Sherlock, Peaky Blinders
Credits include: Unforgotten, The Kumars
Credits include: Tear Me Apart