Just you, your idea, a handful of talented writers and an industry mentor!
The London Screenwriters’ Festival Advanced Mentor Programme.
Objective: To assist writers who have a fully developed screenplay in a specific genre, move their work to the next level.
- The Advanced Mentoring Labs Applications Open 30th July
- The Advanced Mentoring Labs Applications Close 14th Aug
Fancy getting a project of yours under the nose of an expert who knows all about your market, format or genre? Someone who can take you from good to great, who can help you make that final push in making your project a reality? Then come to the LSF and apply for the Advanced Mentor Programme.
In the past we have run programmes with Joe Eszterhas (BASIC INSTINCT), Nicole Perlman (GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY), David Reynolds (FINDING NEMO), Dan Mazer (BORAT), Gub Neal (PRIME SUSPECT), script guru Linda Aronson, Hollywood exec Luke Ryan (CABIN IN THE WOODS), BBC Comedy Commissioner Gregor Sharp and many more.
These script labs are for what we call “focused writers” – those brave souls who’ve been soldiering on for a while with a particular project, but perhaps have not received the break they deserve with it yet. Our aim is to get our experts involved with these writers, to inspire and guide them and help provide the tools and impetus the writers need to see their projects in a new light, so they can get it out there all over again and stand their best chance of getting it some attention.
Dave Reynold’s Script Lab was a career highlight for me. He threw himself into my Screenplay... and built on it with ideas and advice that only someone of his experience could offer.
Nathan Russell-Raby, Screenwriter
- All applicants must have bought a ticket to London Screenwriters Festival as this is a DELEGATES-ONLY event. Submit your ticket number with your application.
- You must fit the criteria for each lab.
- The labs are for DEVELOPED work only.
Feedback from past Mentoring Labs
- ‘Joe Eszterhas is reading my script!’
Dee Chilton, Screenwriter, @DeeChilton
- ‘I’m still buzzing my socks off about the lab… what a tremendous experience!’
Michelle Lindsay, Screenwriter
- ‘An outstanding and extremely well-run Lab and my writing has benefited enormously from it. Can’t thank you guys enough.’
Eben Skilleter, Screenwriter
- ‘The Lab was brilliant, so useful and insightful’
Aurora Fearnley, Screenwriter
- ‘The Lab worked out far better than any of us hoped’
Mike Waugh, Screenwriter
- ‘It was the highlight of the festival for me, so glad to have been a part of it.’
Jasmer Towner, Screenwriter
- ‘I had a blast in that room!’
Simon Underwood, Screenwriter
Do I need a script?
Depends on the script lab. Check out each individual page for their requirements. Send ONLY what is asked for, please.
Do I need an agent?
Nope. Please apply, whoever you are!
Do I need an LSF ticket to access this opportunity?
Yes, please ensure you include your ticket number in the body of your email.
How do I submit?
Submissions open in July and we will mail you details then.
Do I need to have had my work read by agents and producers etc to access this opportunity?
Nope. All you need is that ticket number and the submissions package the Script Lab asks for. But if you have had stuff read, then all the better!
Need to take your dark horror or paranormal drama/thriller to the next level? Steven Volk (Ghostwatch, Afterlife) will help you tourniquet the terror to commercially viable levels.
Screenwriter and Director Jonathan Lynn (Yes Minister, My Cousin Vinny) heads up this Lab for LSF18. Work directly with him and get invaluable feedback on your writing from one of the best in the business.
TV Drama Producer Nicola Larder (Marcella, The Tunnell) rolls up her sleeves and delves deep into your TV projects in this intensive 3 hr lock-in; admission is by application only.