Welcome to The Great British Pitchfest at the London Screenwriters’ Festival
What is it? An opportunity to meet and chat with powerful agents, executives and active producers; the people who have the power to make your projects happen.
It’s exciting, fun and could change your career forever!
|Covid-19 Update: This page is now out of date and will be reviewed once we pass the pandemic. Thank you for your understanding.|
Who Wants to Hear YOUR Pitch?
Sixty professionals from over 50 companies heard pitches last year leading to hundreds of script requests. Execs, producers, directors and agents have attended from these companies in many of our previous years.
You can see the list HERE. The list is growing daily as more Execs confirm for the pitchfest. Keep checking in as this is by no means a final list, it literally changes up to the day of the Festival
It's an incredible festival and I'm really fortunate to have been a part of it."
Luke Ryan, Producer 'The Cabin In The Woods'
The Pitchfest Booking System will go live at midday (12 noon UK time) on Date TBC. Delegates will get an email about how to book their session nearer the time.
As an LSF delegate, you have the opportunity to pitch your project to agents, producers or commissioners in one of our pitching sessions.
This means face-to-face time with the very people who could launch your career, option your script or offer insight into your projects and how to improve your pitching techniques.
We fly in top talent from Hollywood who will be joined by the cream of the British TV and Film industry, as well as hungry and emerging producers looking for new relationships.
So do you want to pitch YOUR idea at the Great British Pitchfest? NOTE places are limited and competition is fierce so please be ready to book your desired slot on the day the sessions go live.
- Buy your pass to the festival.
- Check out the producers, execs and agents and make a list of who you would like to pitch to (the complete and finalised list of pitchees goes live around four weeks prior to the event).
- Date TBC at midday, the Pitch Fest booking system goes live (you will be sent this link in an email).
- Login and select your chosen session based on who you want to pitch to. YOU CAN CHOOSE ONE NINETY-MINUTE SLOT ONLY.
- NOTE – Slots go VERY quickly once the booking system goes live.
- You are now booked into the Great British Pitchfest and you will have a time slot and list of pitchees.
- Get researching your pitchees and rehearsing your pitch!
- Check you have enough business cards.
Next, each year we run an unmissable ‘Perfect Your Pitch’ workshop with the Pitchmaster himself Bob Schultz (founder of Scriptfest in LA). Passes for LSF delegates are on sale now. GET YOURS HERE.
- Turn up on time to your pitching session.
- There will be ten execs, producers or agents present for you to pitch to.
- There will be 30 delegates pitching.
- The session lasts 90 minutes.
- There will be a queue for each pitchee, choose who you want to pitch and get in line.
- Once you have pitched, choose who you want to pitch to next and get in line.
- Do the maths and you will get between 3 and 8 pitches depending on which queues you join.
- Get there early to be first in line!
- After each session, if a pitchee wants to discuss your project more, it’s up to you to get contact details and follow up. WE WILL NOT SUPPLY CONTACT DETAILS LATER.
The experience of Pitchfest was terrifying but worthwhile, as I learned so much by trying something outside of my comfort zone."
Siobhan McKiernan, Writer
What Do Our Execs Think of the Great British Pitchfest?
‘The passion of these writers is an inspiration and a timely reminder (for me) of their importance. I will be sifting through every pitch page I was given during the run-up to Christmas. I know there are at least 3 which piqued enough interest for a legitimate follow-up.’
Daniel O’toole – Producer, Reel Art Media, Pinewood Studios
‘It was amazing, and one of the best festivals that I have ever had the pleasure of attending. I feel like there was great talent there… And I hope to find a client or so!!’
Agent at The Gersh Agency, Hollywood
‘It’s simply one of the best festivals I’ve been to because it’s all about the delegates — tremendous opportunities to pitch and network as well as great information in the sessions. It’s the sort of weekend that’s designed to make a difference, and it really follows through on that promise’ Luke Ryan, Paramount